Sunday, July 22, 2012

Week 50 Sunny Challenges and Creations

Goodness here we are at week 50. It seems hard to believe that it is almost 12 months ago that Sunny Challenges and Creations was 'born'. This week Kris set the challenge and it was to use the Reflection Technique. There is a wonderful tutorial for this at Splitcoast StampersNow I am the first to admit that when I read what the challenge was I groaned and thought I tried this once and it was a disaster! Michelle Zhindorf has always been an inspiration to me and even though I am not by any means a patch on her wonderful talent I thought that I would try doing a night scape and give the appearance of a deer standing by a lake with trees in the background. I think that I am going to have to make the brayer my best friend for a while to really get the hang of using it. To make the foreground I sponged the bottom and the edges around the 'lake' using Soft Suede and the lake was sponged using Tempting Turquoise. What will we ever do if Lovely as a Tree is retired? This stamp set would have to be one of the most versatile sets and it is loved by one and all. Please to be sure to check out Kris and Vicky's blogs and join us this week and play along and who knows you may be our next Ray of Sunshine.

4 comments:

  1. Love this Gwen. Looks so real! Your use of your Brayer is wonderful - sure you don't use it every day? I am with you - I will be so very lost without this set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gwen, this is such a stunning cardand your background is sensational. And yes - I agree, a fabulous stamp set, I hope it never retires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Gwen. Your technique is flawless. Lovely as a Tree is my all time favourie stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Gwen, you made the Blog Finds of the Day. Your card absolutely deserves this honour.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...